The work of the Intern Programme is guided by a steering group made up of BHT staff from a number of different projects and departments, as well as one of our Interns and the Client Involvement Coordinator.
The Job of the steering group is to oversee the work of the Programme and assist in making decisions about the programmes development.
Some of the things that were decided at our latest meeting are:
- We agreed the recruitment process for Interns.
- It was agreed that there would be no blanket eligibility exclusions imposed and that it would be for individual projects to decide this dependant on the role.
- Agreed that we would launch the programme with a pilot group of around 12-14 Interns.
- Agreed the role description and persons spec for mentors.
- Agreed to research accredited development training options for Mentors.
As the programme develops I’ll bring you updates from the steering group meetings and let you know about the different ways you can get involved in the programme development.No Comments