Today I visited BHT’s Phase One Hostel to have a Mid-Way review meeting with Receptionist Intern Diane Forest and her Mentor Tracey Chandler.
The main aims of the mid-way placement review are to:
- Support Interns to gain the most from the placement by providing a formal opportunity to look at personal and professional development, training needs and future goals.
- Enable Interns to focus on their strengths and areas for development as highlighted by the programmes core competencies assessment, which will assist Interns in deciding on those areas they wish to develop further.
- Review achievements during the first half of the placement.
- Plan and set personal and professional development goals for the second half of the placement.
- Begin the process of preparing for the end of the placement.
Diane has made a great impression during the first half of her placement and is looking forward to taking on some more responsibility and focusing on her professional development.No Comments