Location: Brighton & Hove
Reference Number: 0791
Hours per Week: Casual
Salary: £10.90 per hour
BHT Sussex is looking for Bank Cover Workers to join the friendly team at the Archway service, which is a CQC registered care provider for those with enduring and complex mental health needs.
A Bank Cover Worker is akin to a Relief Support Worker position.
Archway consists of two residential properties in Hove:
Stepdown at Sackville Gardens is a 5-bed service providing short term (up to 16 weeks), intensive support for people who are medically fit to leave hospital, but do not have a residential service available to immediately support them on a longer-term basis. This service provides double-cover, 24 hours a day. This is an exciting pilot scheme which will run until March 2023.
Portland Road is a 9-bed residential service providing transitional placements for up to two years with the aim of helping clients move on to less supported accommodation.
Most clients move into Archway after time in hospital. We bridge the gap between hospital and the community by encouraging people to gain a greater understanding of what keeps them well, safe and motivated, as well as supporting them to move on to accommodation tailored to their individual needs in the future.
We adopt a person-centred and holistic approach to support, with an emphasis on client involvement and co-production.
Both properties are regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and have a rating of ‘Outstanding’
A quote from an Archway client:
“Archway has changed my life for the better. Being at Archway has made me more confident, aware of my own circumstances and helped me move away from a bad time”
- We provide accommodation and support for adults (18+) who have enduring and complex mental health needs.
- Our clients will often have experienced hospital admissions under section of the Mental Health Act and will join our service upon discharge.
- Our clients will have been assessed as requiring a 24-hour staffing provision.
- When assessing our clients, we look for motivation to engage with a recovery focussed support plan to enable them to move on to more independent living in the future.
- We adopt a person-centred and holistic approach to support; we want to get to know the individual and help them to feel empowered and able to lead on their own recovery with more self-awareness and confidence.
- We work to empower people through life skills development and goal-focused support planning so that our clients can maintain their accommodation and manage their mental health and wellbeing.
- We promote client involvement and a spirit of co-production to ensure those living at Archway have a say in how the service is run and support is delivered.
- We work in a psychologically informed way by applying our knowledge, skills and reflections to build a strong and supportive team and to provide compassionate care and support for our clients.
- To take therapeutic approaches to build resilience and coping strategies to prevent hospital admission/re-admission.
- To enable our clients to achieve greater independence and move-on to less-supported accommodation.
- To support our clients to develop an understanding of their mental health and to build a range of individualised coping strategies and maintain positive well-being.
- Have experience of providing care and support to vulnerable people.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to form trusting and professional relationships with clients.
- Place value in person-centred support.
- Be able to communicate effectively with a range of people.
- Have a supportive and empathic nature.
Salary: £10.90 per hour plus Sleep-In £103.56 (10pm to 8am), which is inclusive of Holiday pay at 12.07%.
Based in Brighton & Hove.
5.5% employer’s pension contribution (the level of this is reviewed annually).
Applicants must have availability to work shifts on multiple days of the week, including weekends
- A paid induction
- Supportive management and team
- Positive working environment
- Opportunities for learning and development
Shift Details (these are variable dependent on need, but for the general structure please see below):
- Early: 09:00-17:00
- Late: 12:00-20:00
- Night: 16:00-22:00 with a 10 hour sleep-in (22:00-08:00) followed by 08:00-10:00 the following day.
Closing Date: Monday 20 June 2022 12.00pm
Interview Date: Tuesday 28 June 2022
Application PackJob DetailsJob DescriptionPerson Specification
How to apply
- Download and complete all the forms in the application pack.
- Attach all the completed documents to an email. The title of the email should read: (Your name): BHT job reference – (job reference number).
- Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org