Location: Brighton & Hove
Reference Number: 791
Hours per Week: Casual
Salary: 10.66 per hour plus sleep in
BHT Sussex is looking for Bank Cover Workers to join the friendly team at the Archway service, which is a CQC registered social care provider for those with enduring and complex mental health needs. Archway is comprised of two residential properties (a 5 bed house and a 9 bed house) in Brighton and Hove.
A Bank Cover Worker is akin to a Relief Support Worker position.
- We provide accommodation and support for adults (18+) who have enduring and complex mental health needs.
- Our clients will often have experienced hospital admissions under section of the Mental Health Act and will join our service upon discharge.
- Our clients will have been assessed as requiring a 24-hour staffing provision, with sleeping nights between 10pm and 8am.
- When assessing our clients, we look for motivation to engage with a recovery focussed support plan to enable them to move on to more independent living in the future.
- We adopt a person-centred and holistic approach to support; we want to get to know the individual and help them to feel empowered and able to lead on their own recovery with more self-awareness and confidence.
- We work to empower people through life skills development and goal-focused support planning so that our clients can maintain their accommodation and manage their mental health and wellbeing.
- We promote client involvement and a spirit of co-production to ensure those living at Archway have a say in how the service is run and support is delivered.
- We work in a psychologically informed way by applying our knowledge, skills and reflections to build a strong and supportive team and to provide compassionate care and support for our clients.
- To take therapeutic approaches to build resilience and coping strategies to prevent hospital admission/re-admission.
- To enable our clients to achieve greater independence and move-on to less-supported accommodation within a two-year timeframe.
- To support our clients to develop an understanding of their mental health and to build a range of individualised coping strategies and maintain positive well-being.
- Have experience of providing care and support to vulnerable people.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to form trusting and professional relationships with clients.
- Place value in person-centred support.
- Be able to communicate effectively with a range of people.
- Have a supportive and empathic nature.
Bank Cover Worker
Salary: £9.53 per hour plus Sleep-In £90.60 (10pm to 8am), plus Holiday pay at 12.07%.
Based in Brighton & Hove.
5% employer’s pension contribution (the level of this is reviewed annually).
Applicants must have availability to work shifts on multiple days of the week, including weekends
- A paid induction
- Supportive management and team
- Positive working environment
- Opportunities for learning and development
Shift Details (these are variable dependent on need, but for the general structure please see below):
- Early: 09:00-17:00
- Late: 12:00-20:00
- Night: 16:00-22:00 with a 10 hour sleep-in (22:00-08:00) followed by 08:00-10:00 the following day.
We regret that we are unable to reply to every job applicant. However, if you are called for interview, you will be notified within seven days of the closing date.
An Enhanced DBS Check (Disclosure and Barring Service) is required on all successful applicants as a condition of employment for this post.
You will be required to show COVID19 Vaccination certification (CQC services only)
BHT operates an Equal Opportunities Policy
Archway is a CQC registered care home. Please note that the Government are introducing new regulations for working within CQC registered care homes. From 11 November 2021, you will not be permitted to work at this service unless you are able to provide evidence that you have been fully vaccinated against Covid19 or can provide evidence of medical exemption before starting employment at Archway.
Closing Date: Monday 1 November 2021 12.00pm
Interview Date: Tuesday 9 November 2021
Application PackJob DetailsJob DescriptionPerson Specification
How to apply
- Download and complete all the forms in the application pack.
- Attach all the completed documents to an email. The title of the email should read: (Your name): BHT job reference – (job reference number).
- Send your application to [email protected]