Project: Hastings Young People's Service
Location: St Leonards-on-Sea
Reference Number: 870
Hours per Week: 0
Salary: £10.90 per hour
We have an exciting opportunity for a Bank Cover Worker to play a vital role in providing support at our Hasting Young People’s Service.
Position: Bank Cover Worker
Location: St Leonards-on-Sea
Rate: £10.90 per hour
HYPS are conducting rolling recruitment for this post.
About the role:
As a Bank Cover Worker, you will be working for a people-led organisation whose mission is ‘combating homelessness, creating opportunities, promoting change.’
The Bank Cover Worker will assist in the day to day running of the project, ensuring the service delivered is efficient and effective and within the framework of psychologically informed practice. They will provide support to homeless individuals in maintaining their tenancies and managing their wellbeing. Tasks will include representing the service to clients and visitors as the first point of contact; building management tasks; supporting clients in their transition into the service and to use it effectively.
To be successful in the role of Bank Cover Worker you will need to have great communication skills and be committed to the values of the organisation. Some of the key skills and experience you will need to bring with you include:
- Support clients to engage in meaningful support.
- Support clients and ensure clients are treated with respect and dignity.
- Competent use of Microsoft software packages especially Word and Outlook.
- Ability to communicate clearly with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure.
- Good time management skills and ability to prioritise workloads.
- Professional approach and attitude to supporting clients.
In recognition of our commitment to staff, BHT Sussex has been awarded Gold Accreditation from Investors in People. We are also signed up to the Disability Confident employer scheme and have made the Mental Health at Work commitment.
You will also receive a fantastic benefits package including:
- Medical cash plan with Medicash
- Free and confidential employee assistance helpline for both personal and work-related concerns
- The opportunity to participate in well-being and fundraising activities throughout the year
- Access to BHT Sussex learning and development platform
BHT Sussex is an equal opportunities employer using a fair and open recruitment process that fully complies with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010. We are committed to encouraging equality, equity, inclusion, and diversity within the workplace.
Application PackJob DescriptionPerson Specification
How to apply
- Download and complete all the forms in the application pack.
- Attach all the completed documents to an email. The title of the email should read: (Your name): BHT job reference – (job reference number).
- Send your application to email@example.com