Project: Eastbourne Advice Centre
Reference Number: 0032
Hours per Week: 37
Salary: £29,349 pa to £39,830 pa
Housing Solicitor or Housing Adviser
Salary: £29,349 to £39,830 per annum dependant on qualification and experience
37 hours per week
Based in Eastbourne
5.5% employer pension contribution (reviewed annually)
Annual leave entitlement starts at 25 working days (pro rata)
BHT is seeking a housing solicitor or housing adviser to provide specialist legal housing advice and provide representation as appropriate in relation to homelessness, possession proceedings, disrepair and other housing matters. The post will be required to provide advice and representation under a Legal Aid Agency contract.
The post holder will be either:
- a housing solicitor who has experience of providing representation and casework, or
- a housing adviser who has experience of providing representation and casework on a Legal Aid Certificate under the supervision of a housing solicitor, or
- a housing adviser who has experience of providing casework and advocacy under a Legal Help Contract with the Legal Aid Agency, who has the ability and is willing to learn new processes quickly to undertake casework and representation on a Legal Aid Certificate under the supervision of a housing solicitor.
The post will be based in the Eastbourne office, with option for some home working. The post holder may be required to travel.
Closing Date: Tuesday 28 June 2022 12.00pm
Interview Date: Tuesday 5 July 2022
Application PackJob DetailsJob DescriptionPerson Specification
How to apply
- Download and complete all the forms in the application pack.
- Attach all the completed documents to an email. The title of the email should read: (Your name): BHT job reference – (job reference number).
- Send your application to email@example.com