Project: Pathfinder - Emotional Wellbeing Service
Location: East Grinstead, West Sussex
Reference Number: 1065
Hours per Week: 37
Salary: £25,192 per annum
Mental Health Support Co-ordinator – Full time, 9am – 5pm Monday – Friday
Salary: £25,192 per annum
5.5% employer’s pension contribution (the level of this is reviewed annually).
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Location: based across East Grinstead, West Sussex with some remote working
Annual Leave entitlement starts at 25 working days
Could you make a difference to local people? We are looking to complete our brand-new team of Mental Health Support Co-ordinator in a new and exciting service based in GP surgeries across East Grinstead. You will be joining a passionate team who work together to support individuals with mental health needs across Mid Sussex & Crawley.
Duties / Responsibilities:
1. To develop, establish and maintain a regular and agreed presence at several specified GP surgeries working in partnership with key practice staff to do this
2. To provide timely telephone, video call and face to face mental health support to
patients identified by the practices as requiring this, including:
• Assessing needs and risks using the Pathfinder framework, paperwork, and processes.
• Supporting patients to identify their needs and goals and facilitating the development of personal support and recovery plans with patients.
• Liaising regularly with and referring any clinical needs or issues to the Pathfinder Clinical team particularly ensuring any presenting risks are fully discussed and addressed.
• Facilitating and supporting patients to access local community mental health resources and services particularly to engage with Pathfinder services.
• Using a range of psychosocial tools and approaches to support patients with mental health needs to problem solve and self-manage their mental health including running group activities at the practice and within Pathfinder services where common needs are identified.
3. To liaise with and feedback effectively to primary care staff about this work and using the practice based/NHS data and information systems to record and share information.
4. To provide advice and information to staff working in primary care practices around mental health, services, and support drawing on the resources of the wider Pathfinder and the BHT Sussex Team to support this and to maintain an agreed information resource within the practice around mental health.
5. To maintain accurate and up to date records of work using agreed systems within practices and BHT Sussex and to report on work activity as requested.
6. Where required to promote the service within practices and with primary care patients.
7. To represent the service at local meetings with external partners and stakeholders, as well as within the practice and BHT Sussex during organisational meetings.
8. To contribute to business plan development for the service.
9. To undertake any other tasks and duties as required to meet the requirements of the service.
10.To ensure that practices, Pathfinder and BHT Sussex’s policies around safeguarding adults and protecting children are always adhered to.
11.To ensure that all aspects of H&S, Data protection and diversity and inclusion compliance are adhered to within the Service/location.
Pathfinder Emotional Wellbeing Service
This is an exciting opportunity to join and help develop an innovative new service to deliver mental health support within GP surgeries. BHT Sussex works within Pathfinder West Sussex (www.pathfinderwestsussex.org.uk), a well-established alliance of organisations, including NHS Mental Health Services, working together to enable local people with mental health support needs and their carers to improve their mental health and wellbeing. BHT Sussex leads Pathfinder services in the Mid Sussex & Crawley areas. We have a person-centred ethos which aims to build on people’s strengths and increase their knowledge, skills, and confidence to manage their own mental wellbeing with the support of experienced staff. The new Pathfinder Emotional Wellbeing Service will make this support available in GP surgeries for the first time.
How to apply:
To apply send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fill in the application below
Closing Date: Monday 15 August 2022 12.00pm
Interview Date: TBC
Application PackJob DetailsJob DescriptionPerson Specification
How to apply
- Download and complete all the forms in the application pack.
- Attach all the completed documents to an email. The title of the email should read: (Your name): BHT job reference – (job reference number).
- Send your application to email@example.com