Project: Shore House
Reference Number: 800
Hours per Week: 37 (Fixed Term to 31 Oct 2022)
Salary: £32,152 per annum plus on call payments
This is a Fixed Term Role to 31 October 2022
Shore House is an innovative service which provides accommodation and intensive one-to-one and group support to 20 people with mental health diagnoses and complex needs, including those with a dual diagnosis, and people experiencing the effects of complex trauma.
The service works proactively and flexibly with people to build their skills and confidence, enabling them to move into more independent accommodation within an 18-month timeframe.
The service applies Psychologically Informed, Trauma-Informed and Recovery focussed models that put client experience at the heart of service delivery.
The service works closely with primary and secondary health services, statutory and third sector services. Multi-agency support and risk reviews are led by each client’s allocated Support Worker.
Person-centred 1:1 and group work support is provided for a range of areas, including medication management, mental and physical health, personal safety, digital inclusion, and work and learning.
- A supportive team and management
- A culture of continuous development and creative support
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A competitive salary for comparative roles in the field
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme
- 5% employer’s pension contribution (the level of this is reviewed annually).
- Generous Annual Leave entitlement
Key Service outcomes:
- To promote mental health recovery
- To provide creative and person-centred support to manage risks and promote meaningful engagement
- To increase independence and improve independent living skills within an 18-month time frame
- To work in partnership with statutory mental health services in Brighton and Hove
- To reduce hospital admissions under the Mental Health Act (where possible)
The role of the Operational Manager is to ensure the safety and quality of support provided to people with mental health and complex support needs.
They will be responsible for a team consisting of 2 deputy managers (1 for Shore House, 1 for [email protected]), senior support worker, support workers, night support workers, groupwork coordinator, administrator, cover staff workers, volunteers, students and a cleaner.
Operational responsibilities will include:
- Registration with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) as a Registered Manager.
- Managing referrals into the service and ensuring move-on from the service within agreed timeframes.
- Ensuring all aspects of contract delivery, including meeting or exceeding KPIs and other targets
- Overseeing all aspects of Health and Safety
- Completing internal and external reports
- Overseeing all aspects of service finance, including budgets, management accounts, arrears and voids monitoring and reporting.
- Delivering staff inductions, recruitment, support, supervision, reflection and appraisals.
- Liaising effectively with statutory mental health services, including the coordination of joint support and risk planning
- Maintaining and monitoring COVID-19 infection prevention measures
The salary is paid monthly in arrears and will be £32,152 per annum plus Management on Call duties paid at Weekdays £22, Weekends/Bank Holidays £45 and Christmas Day/Boxing Day and New Year’s Day £100. An employer’s pension contribution of 5.5% is also paid. The level of this contribution is reviewed annually.
Hours of Work
The hours of work will be 37 hours per week, working Monday to Friday. BHT does not pay overtime but will grant “time off in lieu” if agreed by the Project Manager.
The annual leave entitlement will be 185 hours (25 working days), rising 1 day for each year of service to a maximum of 222 hours (30 days) pro rata. All public bank holidays are granted with two extra statutory days, to be taken over the Christmas period.
BHT Sussex is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from anyone with the requisite skills and experience. We are committed to an organisational culture that values people from all backgrounds, and welcome applications from all members of the community.
We regret that we are unable to reply to every job applicant. However, if you are called for interview, you will be notified within seven days of the closing date.
An Enhanced DBS Check (Disclosure and Barring Service) is required on all successful applicants as a condition of employment for this post.
BHT operates an Equal Opportunities Policy
Shore House is a CQC registered care home. The Government are introducing new regulations for working within CQC registered care homes. From 11 November 2021, you will not be permitted to work at this service unless you are able to provide evidence that you have been fully vaccinated against Covid19 or can provide evidence of medical exemption before starting employment at Shore House.
Closing Date: Monday 25 October 2021 12.00pm
Interview Date: Monday 1 November 2021
Application PackJob DetailsJob DescriptionPerson Specification
How to apply
- Download and complete all the forms in the application pack.
- Attach all the completed documents to an email. The title of the email should read: (Your name): BHT job reference – (job reference number).
- Send your application to [email protected]