Share this opportunity Location:
Brighton Reference Number:
949 Hours per Week:
As a Support Assistant you will provide support to 60 clients with mental health and complex support needs, across 8 residential properties. To ensure that tenancies are sustained and a range of needs are met, such as access to mental health / addiction and health services, assistance with welfare benefits, budgeting, life skills, general coaching support, promoting health, independence, and participation in the wider community. The role will ensure that clients move on to more independent accommodation, within agreed timeframes.
The role of the Support Assistant is to provide housing-related and flexible tailored support to people with mental health and complex support needs. The role will include:
- Working with Route One Support Workers to provide additional support to clients as needed, including attending external appointments, viewing move-on accommodation, and increasing independence within the community
- Cleaning vacant rooms, coordinating maintenance-related work, and ensuring re-letting timeframes are met.
- Increasing client independence, by offering life-skills support, including paying rent, maintaining hygienic living conditions, cooking, budgeting, and preparing to move on.
- Offering group-work support, including facilitating client-led workshops and activities.
- Liaising with contractors to coordinate and plan efficient completion of maintenance related tasks.
- A paid Induction
- Supportive team and management
- Positive working environment
- Opportunities for Training
Interview Date: Thursday 29th and Friday 30th June 2017Closing Date:
12 noon, Thursday 22nd June 2017 Interview Date:
Thursday 29th June 2017 Job DetailsJob DescriptionPerson Specification