Project: Shore House
Reference Number: 0792
Hours per Week: 37 - average on a 2 week rolling rota
Salary: £26,144 per annum (£13.58 ph)
Shore House is an innovative and dynamic service which provides accommodation and intensive support to 20 people with a range of mental health diagnoses and people experiencing the effects of complex trauma. People may also present with additional needs such as substance use, and its associated impacts on health, budgeting, and engagement.
The service works collaboratively with clients and their community mental health team to ensure their safety and wellbeing, as well as enabling them to move on to more independent accommodation within an 18-month timeframe.
Within Shore House, we are currently piloting a 2-bed service called Respite @ Shore, which aims to prevent escalation of suicidal feelings and self-harm in people living in the Brighton and Hove area who have mental health issues and complex needs, by providing up to 7 days of respite, with 24/7 staff support. It seeks to provide an empowering and preventative service to those who may otherwise require hospital admission/use of statutory crisis mental health services.
We are looking for a committed and reliable individual to provide compassionate and considered support during the night hours to our residents.
Waking Night Support Workers fulfil a valuable role within the service’s provisions, ensuring that our clients have access to support 24/7. Clients may seek support at varying times of the day or night dependent on what they are experiencing. Providing waking night support affords clients responsive and immediate opportunities to engage and ensures their physical and psychological safety during times it is harder to access face-to-face support.
The Waking Night Support Worker will:
- Deliver support to clients with a diverse range of needs
- Provide empathic and responsive person-centred support to clients with enduring mental health needs and Support with all aspects of positive behaviour change, empowerment, and motivation
- Contribute to the wellbeing and physical and psychological safety of residents
- Offer opportunities for clients to engage with meaningful support planning, risk and safety planning, and multi-agency coordination.
What we offer
- A supportive team and management
- A culture of continuous development and creative support
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- A competitive salary for comparative roles in the field
- A £400 reward on the completion of your probation period
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme 5.5% employer’s pension contribution (the level of this is reviewed annually).
- Generous Annual Leave entitlement
You will be joining an experienced, knowledgeable, and supportive team who offer peer support and are committed to the support of the clients we work with.
The salary is paid monthly in arrears and will commence at £23,832 per annum plus an anti-social hour’s enhancement of £2,312 per annum. Total salary is equivalent to approx. £13.58 per hour. A 5.5% employer’s pension contribution is also paid. The level of this contribution is reviewed annually.
Hours of Work
The hours of work for this post will be 37 hours per week (average over a 2-week rolling rota, comprised of waking night shifts on weeknights and weekends). Shifts are usually 10pm-8.35am, and staff must be awake throughout.
Please see job details for example rota pattern
BHT Sussex does not pay overtime but will grant time off in lieu if agreed by the service manager.
The annual leave entitlement will be 185 hours (25 working days), rising 1 day for each year of service to a maximum of 222 hours (30 days) pro rata. The role will include working on some bank holidays as part of the team rota for which time off in lieu will be granted.
Closing Date: Monday 30 May 2022 12.00pm
Interview Date: Tuesday 7 June 2022
Application PackJob DetailsJob DescriptionPerson Specification
How to apply
- Download and complete all the forms in the application pack.
- Attach all the completed documents to an email. The title of the email should read: (Your name): BHT job reference – (job reference number).
- Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org