BHT’s Access to Work project supports people to get ready for work. It includes a valuable opportunity to gain experience working with a business.
The project works with people who live in supported accommodation or who receive a floating support service who are motivated to increase their employability skills.
Access to Work offers:
- two weeks of workshops to prepare for the work place
- a two week work placement with a business undertaking meaningful work
- follow up support to plan the next step towards employment
Participants have the opportunity to:
- recognise existing skills and strengths
- learn new skills
- gain experience of working in a team
- gain confidence
- add work experience to a CV
- get a work related reference
- develop job search and interview skills
- access professional careers advice
Access to Work is set up to benefit people who have been out of work for some time and who are ready to be proactive in moving towards employment.
Participants are expected to show a commitment to engaging in all parts of the project. Applicants should therefore be able to demonstrate that they are already taking part in some structured day time activities.
Travel costs to participate in the project are covered.
For further information please get in touch using the contact details below:
Tuesday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Write to us
BHT Access to Work Project Facilitator
144 London Road