Choice Training & Development
The Choice, Training and Development service enables frontline workers to engage homeless people in community, learning and work activities.
We offer training and development opportunities to Homeless and Housing Service frontline workers who support homeless people or those with a history of homelessness.
Using informed learning approaches, we provide opportunities aimed at enabling staff to empower their client’s confidence and motivation for:
- engagement in meaningful activity
- overcoming barriers to accessing learning and work opportunities
- increased employability
- preparing to enter paid employment to support and sustain independent living
Training and development options
A regular workshop is held on the theme of 'Engaging clients in work and learning'. It aims to facilitate conversations and access to a wide range of opportunities for your clients.
Bespoke training options
Bespoke sessions can be offered covering a range of areas related to work and learning for the homeless client group, such as:
- conversations with clients around work and learning
- exploring skills and interests
- work and learning opportunities for clients
- volunteering, internships and work placements
- employability skills training and support
- benefits and money management
- practical considerations for starting employment
Collaborating and networking
Good Practice Sharing Network
This network meets bi-monthly to share information, stories and good practice around engaging clients in community, learning and work related activity. Work and learning providers are invited to each meeting to share details about their provision.
Getting Ready for Learning, Volunteering and Work event
This is a twice-yearly opportunity for staff and their clients to engage directly with a wide range of learning and work providers from across the city. Attendees can also liaise with well-being, life skills, benefits and money advice providers. Further details of the providers involved in the day can be found in the Choice Directory.