Job title: Archway Gardening Volunteer
Location: 57 Sackville Gardens, Hove, BN3 4GJ Closing Date: Saturday 1 October 2022 12.00am
We are looking for for an experienced Gardening Volunteer who would like to help us maintain our lovely client garden at the Archway Project. The Archway Project comprises two care homes in Hove for people with mental health support needs, rated as ‘Outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission .At Archway we understand that having well-kept outdoor spaces can have a great impact on mental health.
This is a valuable role where you can expect to make a positive difference to people struggling with their mental health. You will be involved in the initial planning of the garden as well as its maintenance and development.
In this role you will:
- Mow, weed and maintain the lawn, plant beds and pathways in the back and front gardens
- Refurbish and paint the porch area and create a relaxing space for clients
- Bring your gardening expertise to the Archway team and advise on what you think is best for our garden
- Plant new flower beds, vegetables, herbs and various plants
- Provide ongoing maintenance of the flower beds, grass areas, and pathways
- Have the opportunity to provide outdoor gardening groups to clients interested in gardening or using outdoor spaces to support wellbeing
This is a flexible role where you can choose your own hours. Please expect to do more hours during the summer and summer months when the weather is dry.
Skills and experience
We are looking for someone who has a positive can-do attitude with a passion for gardening and some gardening expertise.
There is parking available outside Sackville Gardens. Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed, and refreshments will be provided.
How do I get involved?
If you are interested in becoming a Gardening Volunteer at Archway, get in touch with Sophie Daly for more information, using the contact details below:
Phone: 01273 748031