BHT is a people-led organisation who employs a mixture of employees, bank cover workers, volunteers and interns in a range of therapeutic, advice and support roles.
At present we have approximately 230 employees, 50 bank cover workers, 30 volunteers and six interns. We have services, projects and offices based across Brighton and Hove, Eastbourne and Hastings. Our Mission is ‘combating homelessness, creating opportunities, promoting change’.
In recognition of our commitment to our staff BHT has been awarded accreditation from Investors in People, Disability Confident and Time to Change.
We also offer:
- a comprehensive employee benefits package including a stakeholder pension scheme
- a free and confidential employee assistance helpline for both personal and work related concerns
- a popular cycle to work scheme
- free employee NHS health checks run in-conjunction with the local councils
- a free new starter 30 day Brighton bus pass
- generous holiday allowance including an additional two days of leave at Christmas
- the opportunity to participate in wellbeing and fundraising activities throughout the year
BHT is an equal opportunities employer using a fair and open recruitment process which fully complies with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010. We are committed to encouraging equality, inclusion and diversity within the workplace.
For enquiries about current vacancies, or to be added to our mailing list:
Please send an email to [email protected] or call the HR Team on 01273 645419.
How to Apply
1. Download the job-specific forms using the links under your chosen vacancy
3. Upload your application via email:
Attach all three completed documents to your email.
The title of the email should read: (Your name): BHT job reference – (job reference number). Call us on 01273 645419 if you have any problems.
If using a web-based email client: Please send your application to [email protected]
Share this opportunityLocation: Eastbourne
Reference Number: 460
Hours per Week: 37 (Perm)
Salary: £20,767 per annum
The job involves working in our Eastbourne office providing telephone reception duties and administrative support for our advice centres in Eastbourne and St Leonards. The post-holder is the first point of contact for people seeking housing advice so they need excellent customer service skills, be a good communicator with a commitment to equality and be non-judgemental.
The post holder should possess experience of general office administration, including some experience of basic financial processes. A good knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential.Closing Date: Monday 7 January 2019 12.00pm
Interview Date: Friday 11 January 2019
Job DetailsJob DescriptionPerson Specification