Anti-Social Behaviour

Anti-social behaviour, or ASB, is behaviour that can cause a nuisance or annoyance to another person.

It can include serious criminal incidents such as drug dealing and violent behaviour and non- criminal incidents such as noise and loud music.

Many incidents that are not very serious can often be resolved by talking to the person causing the nuisance. A good neighbour should be reasonably tolerant of the different lifestyles and cultures of others.

When living in close proximity to neighbours there can be behaviours that annoy us but it is important to think about what the person is actually doing and whether this is anti-social.

How do I report ASB?

Criminal behaviour should be reported to the police straight away, especially if you do not feel safe.

For emergencies that need immediate attention please call 999 or call 101 for non-emergencies or crimes that have already happened. Please also advise your Housing Officer about the incident.

For non-criminal incidents, if the problem has not gone away after speaking to your neighbour please contact us in one of the following ways:

  • call or email your Housing Officer directly
  • call Housing Services’ main office on 01323 340018
  • contact us on MyTenancy
  • send us an email
  • write to us at BHT Housing Services, Suite 14, Highlight House, St Leonards Road, Eastbourne, BN21 3UH
Skip to content