First Base Day Centre
More and more people are facing homelessness.
First Base offers a range of services to support people who are sleeping rough or insecurely housed in the city, to get off the streets, start realising their aspirations through work, learning and leisure and find a place they can call home.
We provide a centre of excellence for our partners in the city ensuring that by working together we can improve health, reduce crime and realise opportunity.
We provide a range of support services for clients including:
- Food, showers, lockers and laundry facilities
- Case Work Support so people can address the problems causing them to be homeless
- Accommodation and relocation services
- Health Care – access to physical, mental and emotional health services including podiatry, physiotherapy, optometry, dentistry and mental health advice and support
We provide a range of activities and further support for clients including:
- Access to IT facilities
- Catering training
- Support to gain qualifications
- Help with applications for benefits, training and employment
- Leisure activities
- Occupational Therapy
- A “Care Of” postal address
Accessing the Service
First Base is an ‘open door’ day centre which means that people do not need a referral to access our service. Our rough sleepers sessions are open to anyone who is street homeless and in need of accommodation. Other activities currently need to be arranged by appointment, so that we can manage numbers and operate safely.
First Base Day Centre opening times
Rough Sleepers session: 9am – 11am, Monday to Friday
Activity sessions: Arranged by appointment
Office hours (for telephone enquiries): 9am - 4.30pm