Project: Housing Services
Location: Brighton and Hove, Eastbourne, Hastings and other parts of Sussex
Reference Number: 958
Hours per Week: 37 hours per week between Monday to Friday
Salary: £27,599 per annum plus an Essential Car User Allowance of £1,218
We have an exciting opportunity for a Housing Officer to play a vital role in providing support at within our Housing Services project.
Closing Date: 11th February
Interview Date: TBC – ASAP
Project / Department Details:
Housing Services provides a housing management and repairs service to our tenants and a repairs service to other projects in BHT.
Our aim is a quality and person-centred housing management service both in our Community Housing in Brighton and Hastings and our temporary accommodation in Hastings, Eastbourne and Brighton.
Our concept is a well-managed tenancy where landlord and tenant are equitable partners in a business arrangement.
About the role:
As a Housing Officer, you will be working for a people-led organisation whose mission is ‘combating homelessness, creating opportunities, promoting change.’
Our Housing Officers provide an excellent personal service to our tenants. This role will look after a patch of properties on a variety of tenure types in the Brighton area. The Housing Officer role is varied and challenging which involves regularly visiting tenants in their homes and having overall responsibility for ensuring that any issues are raised and resolved effectively. The role is vital in assisting BHT Sussex in delivering its Housing Management function. It has responsibility for a number of key areas including the voids and lettings process, providing day to day tenancy management, Anti Social Behaviour case management and working with the Income Recovery Officers to ensure rent arrears targets are achieved.
To be successful in the role of Housing Officer you will need to have great communication skills and be committed to the values of the organisation. Some of the key skills and experience you will need to bring with you include:
- Experience of providing an excellent personal service to tenants.
- Experience of managing Anti Social Behaviour cases within a Social Housing setting.
- Able to demonstrate a full understanding of the voids and letting process.
- Knowledge of the court process and able to represent BHT Sussex when taking tenancy action.
- Working knowledge of estate inspections and working with the repairs team.
In recognition of our commitment to staff, BHT Sussex has been awarded Gold Accreditation from Investors in People. We are a National Living Wage Employer and are also signed up to the Disability Confident employer scheme and have made the Mental Health at Work commitment.
You will also receive a fantastic benefits package including:
- 5.5% stakeholder pension scheme and life assurance scheme.
- Healthcare cash plan with Medicash.
- Free and confidential Employee Assistance helpline for both personal and work-related concerns.
- Cycle-to-work scheme.
- Free new starter 30-day Brighton bus pass.
- Generous holiday allowance starting at 27 days per annum pro rata, rising 1 day for each year of service to a maximum of 32 days pro-rata.
- The opportunity to participate in well-being and fundraising activities throughout the year.
BHT Sussex is an equal opportunities employer using a fair and open recruitment process that fully complies with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010. We are committed to encouraging equality, inclusion, and diversity within the workplace.
Closing Date: Sunday 11 February 2024 11.59pm
Interview Date: TBC
Application PackJob DetailsJob DescriptionPerson Specification
How to apply
- Download and complete all the forms in the application pack.
- Attach all the completed documents to an email. The title of the email should read: (Your name): BHT job reference – (job reference number).
- Send your application to email@example.com