Project: Route One
Reference Number: 424
Hours per Week: 37 (Temporary - Maternity Cover)
Support Worker (Maternity Cover – May 2024)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Support Worker to play a vital role in providing support at our Route One.
Position: Support Worker (Maternity Cover – Temporary – May 2024)
Salary: £25,948 per annum
Hours: 37 (9am – 5pm Monday to Friday (Finish 4.30pm one day a week), plus one weekend a month (9am – 5pm) for which time off in the week is given)
Closing Date: TBC – Rolling recruitment
Interview Date: TBC
About the role:
As a Support Worker, you will be working for a people-led organisation whose mission is ‘combating homelessness, creating opportunities, promoting change.’
You will provide support to 50 clients with mental health and complex support needs, across 8 residential properties. To ensure that tenancies are sustained and a range of needs are met, such as access to mental health / addiction and health services, assistance with welfare benefits, budgeting, life skills, general coaching support, promoting health, independence, and participation in the wider community. To ensure that clients move on to more independent accommodation, within agreed timeframes.
To be successful in the role of Support Worker you will need to have great communication skills and be committed to the values of the organisation. Some of the key skills and experience you will need to bring with you include:
The role of the Support Worker is to provide housing-related and flexible tailored support to people with mental health and complex support needs. They will be responsible for a caseload of clients, and provide a range of 1:1 and group-work support; this will include supporting clients to:
- Access mental health/addiction/health services.
- Ensure income maximization, including support to obtain work, learning, and voluntary opportunities.
- Understand financial planning, including budgeting, saving, paying utilities, paying rent.
- Prepare to move on to independent living, including life-skills, arrears prevention and behaviour change.
- Improve their mental health and wellbeing, including the use of recovery-focused support and safety tools.
- Maintain their accommodation, including health, safety, and hygiene support.
In recognition of our commitment to staff, BHT Sussex has been awarded Gold Accreditation from Investors in People. We are also signed up to the Disability Confident employer scheme and have made the Mental Health at Work commitment.
You will also receive a fantastic benefits package including:
- 5.5% stakeholder pension scheme and life assurance scheme
- Medical cash plan with Medicash
- Free and confidential employee assistance helpline for both personal and work-related concerns
- Free new starter 30-day Brighton bus pass
- Generous holiday allowance starting at 27 days per annum pro rata, rising 1 day for each year of service to a maximum of 32 days pro rata
- The opportunity to participate in well-being and fundraising activities throughout the year
BHT Sussex is an equal opportunities employer using a fair and open recruitment process that fully complies with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010. We are committed to encouraging equality, equity, inclusion, and diversity within the workplace.
Application PackJob DetailsJob DescriptionPerson Specification
How to apply
- Download and complete all the forms in the application pack.
- Attach all the completed documents to an email. The title of the email should read: (Your name): BHT job reference – (job reference number).
- Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org