LGBTQ Focus Group Opportunity
Independent researchers at the University of Surrey have been commissioned to conduct a study called HomeSAFE: Engaging and exploring LGBT*Q tenant experiences, concerns and preferences about social housing.
The researchers are looking for people aged 18 and over, who rent their accommodation from a housing association or local council, to take part in either a focus group (taking place in London on 8th August 17:30-19:30) or an interview in your home – or local centre or similar venue, if preferred. If you would like to, you may participate in both. As recognition of our appreciation for the time and effort involved in your participation you will receive:
- A £25 multipurpose gift voucher for the focus group and £30 travel expenses
- £50 gift voucher for participating in both focus groups and inteview
The aim of the HomeSAFE study is to find out more about the experiences and views of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans*, Queer and Questioning LGBT*Q tenants in relation to their home and their landlord. The project will use three different ways (focus groups interviews, survey) to collect information from people who live in social housing. By social housing we mean accommodation which is owned and managed by a housing association or local authority (the council).
To find out more or to register your interest
or call Frances on 07895 656222.
To complete the online LGBTQ survey
Alternatively if you wish to request a paper copy of the survey, please call Frances on 07895 656222. You will be given the option of being entered for a prize draw upon completing the survey. The winner, drawn at random on the 30th September 2017, will receive a £50 voucher.
For more information email Juliet or call on 01273 645443.
Share this story
Tenants’ Networking Event
BHT tenants are invited to a free Tenants’ Networking Day at The Friends Meeting Centre, Ship Street, Brighton on Wednesday 26 July from 10.30am to 2pm, including lunch.
Talks on the day include:
- gardening talk from a Kew Garden expert, including free seeds from the Grow Wild project, and finding out how your community can get involved.
- a fun interactive session on using your smartphone to take photos and for social media sites such as Instagram, WhatsApp and other popular sites.
- tips on setting up a foodbank.
- launch of the SETUP photo competition.
- a talk from BHT’s Dine catering project who offer training and employment opportunities to people who have a history of homelessness.
To book your place
Please book by Wednesday 12 July. Either call Juliet, Tenant and Client Involvement Coordinator on 01273 645443 or: