Shore House provides 20 units of accommodation in one large house, situated on Brighton seafront.
It offers intensive and high levels of support with staff on site 24 hours a day. The support is tailored to individual need, working with and managing varying levels of risk.
Our support is designed to address high impact social issues such as emotional health and well-being and healthy weight and nutrition as well as wider detriments which impact on health and well-being such as employment and housing.
The new tiered mental health accommodation services have been commissioned jointly by Brighton and Hove Clinical Commissioning group and Brighton and Hove Local Authority, to provide additional support within the city and model of support that strongly promotes well- being and recovery. The services will work flexibly and collaboratively to support independence, and opportunities for independent living.
Aims and objectives
Shore House bridges the gap between care services and the community, and works pro-actively with people to achieve a positive move on in a planned way.
Each individual in the service is treated with dignity and respect in a non-stigmatised and non-judgemental manner. Shore House encourages and promotes personal development and growth and works with clients to enhance self-esteem and confidence. This is achieved via honest and constructive support sessions where needs assessment and goal setting are agreed using the Outcomes and Recovery Star.
Examples of support
Available through both 1-1 and group support:
- Support with mental health issues
- Support with medication management
- Preparation for independence
- Practical advice on living independently
- Access and signposting to other services
- Support with alcohol and drug issues
- Prompting with personal care
- Support with managing money
- Support with diet
- Support to build positive social networks
- adult 18 +
- enduring and complex mental health support needs;
- including those with dual/complex needs, such as mental health with alcohol and/or substance misuse.
- require a high support, 24 hour staffing provision.
- able to engage with the programme of support which will include a move on support plan designed to enable move on within 18 months.
How to refer into the service
All new referrals need to be referred via the Mental Health Placement Officer who can be contacted by calling 01273 293198.
For more information and general enquiries, please telephone Shore House on 01273 929392