Reference Number: 788
Hours per Week: 16
Salary: £24,820 annual salary (Pro rata £10,615) and Anti-social hours enhancement £1469 (Pro rata £560)
Closing Date: 14th December 12:00pm midday
Interview Date: 21st December
Are you looking for a rewarding and interesting job within a friendly and supportive team? Do you have excellent interpersonal skills and feel motivated to help people with mental health needs to find their feet and move forwards positively?
If so, BHT Sussex is looking for a Mental Health Recovery Worker to join our team at the Archway Project.
Archway consists of two residential properties in Hove providing 24-hour care – 7 days a week with a shift pattern of early, late and sleep in night shifts. This position will be exclusively based at Step-Down, 57 Sackville Gardens.
About the role:
As a Mental Health Recovery Worker, you will be working for a people-led organisation whose mission is ‘combating homelessness, creating opportunities, promoting change.’
Each day can vary with working 1-1 with clients to attend activities, cook or take care of their environment, helping them to developing their skills and independence while being a listening ear and signpost to relevant services. We are looking for someone who has experience in one or more of the following areas: Mental health, Housing support or with vulnerable people and has a passion for working with clients to develop their independence and wellbeing with a solution focused approach.
A quote from an Archway client:
“Archway has changed my life for the better. Being at Archway has made me more confident, aware of my own circumstances and helped me move away from a bad time”
We are looking for people with the below skills:
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of people
- Provide empathic and responsive person-centred support to clients with enduring mental health needs
- Support with all aspects of positive behaviour change, empowerment, and motivation
- Promote positive well-being through a holistic approach to support and contribute to the physical and psychological safety of residents
- Be able to work as part of a reflective and supportive team, contributing to co-production and service development
- Ability to administer medication on completion of training
On completion of induction, shifts at the service cover the below on a 2-week rolling rota:
- 3 x Early: 09:00-17:00
- 1 x Late: 12:00-20:00
You will also receive a fantastic benefits package including:
- 5.5% stakeholder pension scheme and life assurance scheme
- Medical cash plan with Medicash
- Free and confidential employee assistance helpline for both personal and work-related concerns
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Free new starter 30-day Brighton bus pass
- Generous holiday allowance starting at 27 days per annum pro rata, rising 1 day for each year of service to a maximum of 32 days pro rata
- The opportunity to participate in well-being and fundraising activities throughout the year
- A supportive team and management
- A culture of continuous development and creative support
- Personal and professional development opportunities
If you would welcome discussing this exciting opportunity ahead of applying or would like to know any further details, please contact Lorna Sharp (Operational Manager) or Owen Wellstead (Deputy Manager) on 01273 748031
BHT Sussex is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from anyone with the requisite skills and experience. We are committed to an organisational culture that values people from all backgrounds, and welcome applications from all members of the community.
For full details and to apply please go to our website www.bht.org.uk
Closing Date: Thursday 14 December 2023 12.00pm
Interview Date: Thursday 21 December 2023
Application PackJob DetailsJob DescriptionPerson Specification
How to apply
- Download and complete all the forms in the application pack.
- Attach all the completed documents to an email. The title of the email should read: (Your name): BHT job reference – (job reference number).
- Send your application to email@example.com