Project: Pathfinder - Emotional Wellbeing Service
Location: Haywards Heath
Reference Number: 1098
Hours per Week: 37
Closing date: 15th February 2023
Interview date: TBC
Emotional Wellbeing Service
Could you make a positive difference to local people?
This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative service to deliver mental health support within GP surgeries. The Emotional Wellbeing Service works alongside Pathfinder West Sussex (www.pathfinderwestsussex.org.uk), a well-established alliance of organisations, including NHS Mental Health Services.
The role of the Mental Health Support Coordinator is to support the GP practices in Haywards Heath, to effectively meet the needs of their patients who have mental health problems through the provision of direct phone, video-call, and face to face support and by supporting these patients to access and engage with community support, particularly Pathfinder services. The vacancy is across Haywards Heath and the successful candidate will be based in GP surgeries in the area. You will be joining a passionate team who work together to support individuals with mental health needs across Mid Sussex & Haywards Heath.
“I love being part of the Emotional Wellbeing Service and I really feel like I am making a difference in supporting local individuals’ mental health and wellbeing. We have a great team who support each other and BHT has helped developed my knowledge & skills with amazing training opportunities”.
To find out more about the Emotional Wellbeing Service please click here: Emotional Wellbeing Service – BHT Sussex
The successful applicant will provide recovery focused 1:1 sessions, assessments, and risk assessments. The role will also involve managing a caseload, working within a team, and building a rapport with the GP surgery/surgeries that they’re based in. As a Mental Health Support Coordinator, you will see patients individually, supporting them to identify what they need and helping them to work on issues and access local support to meet these needs including local Pathfinder services. You will be able to take a holistic and flexible approach in your work with individuals, supporting around both social and psychological issues that arise. You may also run practice-based groups and well-being sessions where these needs are identified.
In return BHT Sussex offers a place to work which is committed to continuous improvement, supportive of personal and professional development and welcomes innovation. In recognition of our commitment to staff, BHT Sussex has been awarded Gold Accreditation from Investors in People. We are also signed up to the Disability Confident employer scheme and have made the Mental Health at Work commitment.
You will also receive a fantastic benefits package including:
- 5.5% stakeholder pension scheme and life assurance scheme
- Medical cash plan with Medicash
- Free and confidential employee assistance helpline for both personal and work-related concerns
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Free new starter 30-day Brighton bus pass
- Generous holiday allowance starting at 27 days per annum pro rata, rising 1 day for each year of service to a maximum of 32 days pro rata
- The opportunity to participate in well-being and fundraising activities throughout the year
- A supportive team and management
- A culture of continuous development and creative support
- Personal and professional development opportunities
BHT Sussex is an equal opportunities employer using a fair and open recruitment process that fully complies with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010. We are committed to encouraging equality, equity, inclusion, and diversity within the workplace.
This recruitment is on a rolling basis, applications will be reviewed as they are received and interviews arranged on an adhoc basis.
Application PackJob DetailsJob DescriptionPerson Specification
How to apply
- Download and complete all the forms in the application pack.
- Attach all the completed documents to an email. The title of the email should read: (Your name): BHT job reference – (job reference number).
- Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org