Project: Homes for Ukraine Sustainment Service
Location: East Sussex - Hybrid Opportunity (Office Location: Polegate or St Leonards-on-Sea)
Reference Number: 1090
Hours per Week: 37 (Monday - Friday)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Adviser to play a vital role in providing support at our Homes for Ukraine Sustainment Service.
Position: Project Adviser
Location: East Sussex
Salary: £22,590 (The salary advertised is the gross amount and is subject to eligible deductions e.g., income tax and national insurance contributions)
Contract: Fixed-Term until 1 February 2025
Closing Date: 4 December 2023 at 12 noon
Interview Date: 11 December 2023
About the role:
As a Project Adviser, you will be working for a people-led organisation whose mission is ‘combating homelessness, creating opportunities, promoting change.’
The Project Advisers work alongside the Floating Support Officers using their knowledge and experience of Ukrainian language and culture to facilitate a better understanding between guests and hosts. This may include interpretation and translation support, explanation of differences in culture and being a familiar presence for displaced and traumatised people.
The Project Advisers will use these skills and knowledge to support FSOs in assisting guests to access wider support to access longer-term accommodation, health and community services and employment and educational opportunities to live independently when they leave the host accommodation.
To be successful in the role of Project Adviser you will need to have great communication skills and be committed to the values of the organisation. Some of the key skills and experience you will need to bring with you include:
- Use your knowledge and experience of life in Ukraine to support Floating Support Officers (FSO’s) to best meet the needs of hosts and guests and to make the host arrangement.
- To provide interpretation and translation support for guests, hosts and FSOs.
- To attend Ukrainian Hubs – including cafes and community meetings, to assist with the delivery of workshops to guests.
- Help shape expectations of hosts and guests, particularly in supporting guests.
In recognition of our commitment to staff, BHT Sussex has been awarded Gold Accreditation from Investors in People. We are also signed up to the Disability Confident employer scheme and have made the Mental Health at Work commitment.
You will also receive a fantastic benefits package including:
- 5.5% stakeholder pension scheme and life assurance scheme
- Medical cash plan with Medicash
- Free and confidential employee assistance helpline for both personal and work-related concerns
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Free new starter 30-day Brighton bus pass
- Generous holiday allowance starting at 27 days per annum pro rata, rising 1 day for each year of service to a maximum of 32 days pro rata
- The opportunity to participate in well-being and fundraising activities throughout the year
BHT Sussex is an equal opportunities employer using a fair and open recruitment process that fully complies with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010. We are committed to encouraging equality, equity, inclusion, and diversity within the workplace.
Closing Date: Monday 4 December 2023 12.00pm
Interview Date: Monday 11 December 2023
Application PackJob DetailsJob DescriptionPerson Specification
How to apply
- Download and complete all the forms in the application pack.
- Attach all the completed documents to an email. The title of the email should read: (Your name): BHT job reference – (job reference number).
- Send your application to email@example.com