Project: Pathfinder & BeOK Service
Location: Burgess Hill or Crawley
Reference Number: 1017
Hours per Week: 37 hours per week, Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm - hybrid flexible working arrangement
Closing date: 27th November 12pm midday
Interview date: 12th December
A quote from the team:
“Working with the Pathfinder Team has; and is the best thing I have done in my life, I absolutely love it. We work together to support our communities and the work we do really does make a difference. Our workplace culture is second to none and I feel my development is invested in.”
About Pathfinder & BeOK Service:
This is an exciting opportunity to join and help develop the Pathfinder service to deliver mental health support throughout Mid Sussex and Crawley. BHT Sussex works within Pathfinder West Sussex (www.pathfinderwestsussex.org.uk), a well-established alliance of organisations, including NHS Mental Health Services, working together to enable local people with mental health support needs and their carers to improve their mental health and wellbeing. BHT Sussex leads Pathfinder services in the Mid Sussex & Crawley areas. We have a person-centred ethos which aims to build on people’s strengths and increase their knowledge, skills, and confidence to manage their own mental wellbeing with the support of experienced staff. We offer a robust training programme which nurtures a passion for supporting the wellbeing of others and mental health recovery.
About the role:
The Recovery Worker’s responsibilities will include delivering 1:1’s, maintaining accurate records of support sessions, attending engaging team days, completing initial discussion forms and developing/maintaining effective working relationships with external and partner organisations and working with our Pathfinder Clinical Team. The opportunity to develop a group is available and be part of our Community Groups Programme which is free to the communities we serve. The post holder will be committed to delivering high quality preventative mental health interventions and will have experience of working with vulnerable people using person centred and empowering approaches. They will be skilled at creating needs based assessments, evaluating risk, assessment, support planning and case work management. Whilst we value formal education in a related field, we also highly value lived experience.
We are looking for people with the below skills:
- Ability to hold space and show empathy
- Experience in supporting those with wellbeing needs
- Effective management through a varied caseload
- Able to provide one to one support whilst inspiring and motivating clients to work towards their chosen goals
- Competent in promoting clients mental and physical wellbeing
- Confidence in carrying out assessments
- Able to work collaboratively within a wider team
You will also receive a fantastic benefits package including:
- 5.5% stakeholder pension scheme and life assurance scheme
- Medical cash plan with Medicash
- Free and confidential employee assistance helpline for both personal and work-related concerns
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Free new starter 30-day Brighton bus pass
- Generous holiday allowance starting at 27 days per annum pro rata, rising 1 day for each year of service to a maximum of 32 days pro rata
- The opportunity to participate in well-being and fundraising activities throughout the year
- A supportive team and management
- A culture of continuous development and creative support
- Personal and professional development opportunities
BHT Sussex is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from anyone with the requisite skills and experience. We are committed to an organisational culture that values people from all backgrounds, and welcome applications from all members of the community.
For full details and to apply please go to our website www.bht.org.uk
Closing Date: Monday 27 November 2023 12.00pm
Interview Date: Tuesday 12 December 2023
Application PackJob DetailsJob DescriptionPerson Specification
How to apply
- Download and complete all the forms in the application pack.
- Attach all the completed documents to an email. The title of the email should read: (Your name): BHT job reference – (job reference number).
- Send your application to email@example.com