Project: Oak House & Maple Lodge
Location: Burgess hill
Reference Number: 633
Hours per Week: 22.50
Salary: £24,548 pro rata - plus Enhancement for Sleep in payment of £50.25.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Support Worker – part time 22.50 hours to play a vital role in providing support at our Oak House & Maple Lodge
Position: Support Worker – part time
Closing Date: Rolling recruitment (Interview date TBC)
Application: Apply for this role via CV application
Job reference: 633
About the role:
As a Support Worker – Oak House & Maple Lodge you will support clients to develop and build on their existing living skills, in order to become more independent and move on to less supported accommodation at the end of their placement. You will work in conjunction with other professionals to equip clients with the skills and motivation to become more independent and better able to manage their mental health.
In all our services we do not provide personal care but in our residential services you will be expected to administer medication, but full training will be provided.
To be successful in the role of Support Worker – Oak House & Maple Lodge you will need to have great communication skills and be committed to the values of the organisation. Some of the key skills and experience you will need to bring with you include:
- Ability to motivate, enable and empower individuals.
- Ability to work in partnership and liaise with a range of key stakeholders
- Ability to work under own initiative and have excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
In recognition of our commitment to staff, BHT Sussex has been awarded Gold Accreditation from Investors in People. We are also signed up to the Disability Confident employer scheme and have made the Mental Health at Work commitment.
You will also receive a fantastic benefits package including:
- 5.5% stakeholder pension scheme and life assurance scheme
- Medical cash plan with Medicash
- Free and confidential employee assistance helpline for both personal and work-related concerns
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Free new starter 30-day Brighton bus pass
- Generous holiday allowance starting at 27 days per annum pro rata, rising 1 day for each year of service to a maximum of 32 days pro rata
- The opportunity to participate in well-being and fundraising activities throughout the year
How to Apply:
Step 1: Read the Job Description & Person Specification
Step 2: Attach your CV to an email. The title of the email should read: (Your name): BHT job reference – (job reference number).
Step 3: Send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
BHT Sussex is unable to support with working visas for the UK, please only apply if you have the right to work in the UK.
If you would welcome discussing this exciting opportunity ahead of applying or would like to know any further details, please contact Siobhan O’Connell (Operational Manager) on 07850642986.
This role will require full working rights within the UK, BHT Sussex is unable to support with sponsorship and working rights. An Enhanced DBS Check (Disclosure and Barring Service) is required on all successful applicants as a condition of employment for this post.
BHT Sussex is an equal opportunities employer using a fair and open recruitment process that fully complies with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010. We are committed to encouraging equality, inclusion, and diversity within the workplace.