Immigration Legal Service
The Immigration Legal Service provides advice and representation, under the Legal Aid scheme, in all areas of asylum and human rights law relating to Article 3 of the European Convention on Human Rights.
Advice and representation is provided by specialist solicitors and caseworkers.
We offer appointments for the following matters where Legal Aid is available and the client qualifies financially for Legal Aid:
- Asylum matters
- Advice, preparation and representation on Asylum applications and in all appeal stages
- Advice, preparation and representation on Article 3 matters
- Domestic Violence and Bail matters – advice, preparation and representation on all appeal stages
- Advice on the merits of making an application for Judicial Review
- Appeals on Judicial Review where there are merits
We will organise professional interpreters when necessary.
Home visits can be arranged if you are not able to come to the office.
Our free casework service is available to people who qualify for Legal Aid or who are on a low income and live in the South East.
This will depend on your financial circumstances. To help us establish whether you are eligible for Legal Aid we will need to see evidence of your means (income and capital) for the three last months, and that of your partner, if you have one.
To contact us to see if you are eligible for legal aid and to make an appointment:
If you require an appointment at our Hastings / St Leonards on Sea office then please make this clear in your email.