Specialist Housing Advice Hastings

BHT Sussex Hastings Advice’s specialist housing advice team are able to provide free and confidential advice to people who are homeless or at risk of losing their home, suffering harassment by their landlord or living with serious disrepair.

We will listen to you to understand your current situation and wherever possible, will help you to find a solution.

We have specialist housing advisors and a housing solicitor who are very experienced in offering advice to help you resolve your problems. If needed, we can arrange an appointment with you where you can discuss your circumstances in more detail.

This service is available to all residents in Hastings, and to residents in Rother who are eligible for Legal Aid. To be eligible for Legal Aid you need to be in receipt of passported benefits such as Universal Credit, income related Employment and Support Allowance, income based Job Seekers Allowance or Income Support, or on a low income. If you have savings of more than £8000 you are unlikely to be eligible.

You can check whether you are eligible by using the Government’s Eligibility Checker.

If you have mortgage arrears and you are facing eviction we may be able to help you but you will need to contact the Community Legal Advice telephone gateway on 0845 3454345 first or you can click here to contact the Community Legal Advice service online.

We will not be able to help you if you have mortgage arrears unless you have been referred to us by the Community Legal Advice telephone gateway.

How to contact the service

By telephone

01424 452618

By email


In person

We share a reception with the Advice & Community Hub at the address below, which is open Monday to Friday from 9.30am4:00pm

We will undertake a short assessment and if appropriate will make an appointment for you with a Housing Advisor.

Write to us

BHT Sussex Hastings Advice
Advice & Community Hub
Renaissance House
London Road
St Leonards on Sea TN37 6AN

Skip to content