This autumn, BHT Sussex has received funding from UK Power Networks’ Power Partners Fund to provide items to tenants to help reduce energy use.
Ofgem recently increased the cap on the cost of gas and electricity, meaning bills will be significantly higher this year than ever before. As such, you may want to think about how to keep your home warm, reduce drafts, and ultimately keep your energy usage to a minimum.
Please read over the items available below and let us know which you would like by Friday 14th October.
Available energy saving items:
• Low energy lightbulbs with bayonet fitting (let us know if you need screw fitting or for dimmer switch) – max. 3 per tenant
• Stick on foam draft excluder for windows/doors sash or hinged windows
• Draft excluder – max. 2 per tenant
• Shower timer – keeping showers to under 4 minutes saves water and energy
• Radiator foil for radiators on external walls – easy to fit, just cut to size and stick behind a radiator
• Paper fan for keeping cool – max. 1 per tenant
If you would like any of these items please contact Mary Stevens, Environmental Officer:
Email email@example.com or call 07385 460416 (you can leave a message) by Friday 14th October with your name, address, and which items you would like.
Please note we have a limited budget – so make your requests now before stocks run out.
For further information on how to manage during the Cost of Living Crisis, please visit our Useful Info page, where we have a full Q&A section.