Contents Insurance

While BHT insures the building you live in, it is your responsibility – and in your tenancy agreement – to insure your personal possessions.

This is known as contents insurance and covers such things as damage caused by fire, theft, water damage, vandalism or floods to most of your household goods and contents. It also covers replacement of external locks if your keys are lost or stolen and the contents of your freezer.

We can help our tenants and residents obtain home contents insurance easily and at a price that is affordable.  While many people often hope that nothing will happen to their belongings, sometimes things can go wrong unexpectedly.

With a special scheme called My Home arranged in conjunction with the National Housing Federation, BHT tenants and residents can protect their belongings and gain peace of mind knowing if the unexpected happens they have cover.

Visit to find out more or use the contact details below.

10 reasons why our residents should choose My Home Contents Insurance Scheme:

  • Flexible regular Pay-As-You-Go payment options.
  • No fuss, quick and easy to apply either through the post or over the telephone.
  • No excess (you do not pay the first part of the claim).
  • Covers fire, theft, flood, water damage and other household risks.
  • Covers damage to internal decorations.
  • Covers accidental damage to sanitary fixtures such as toilets and washbasins.
  • Covers damage to external glazing for which you are responsible.
  • Covers lost or stolen keys.
  • You do not need to have special door or window locks.
  • You do not need to have a bank account.